MARATHON DEBUTS ASC-215 AUGER SELF-CONTAINED COMPACTOR
VERNON, AL (June 1, 2015) Marathon, the leader onsite waste compaction and recycling systems, debuts the Marathon ASC-215 Auger Self-Contained Compactor. The ASC-215 compacts organic/food waste, sterilized medical waste, and other very wet waste, and requires less maintenance in these applications because of its advanced design.
The Marathon ASC-215 Auger Self-Contained Compactor is part of Environmental Solutions Group’s (ESG) commitment to improving its customers’ bottom lines through innovation and technology.
“This new auger compactor has been designed to make it last longer in specific applications and have fewer elements of maintenance and repair,” says James Robbins, Director of Stationary Products with Marathon. “The mechanical elements are positioned away from waste material, which means they are not exposed to corrosive liquids and decomposing waste. The ASC-215 is a proven design originally developed by Marathon’s dealer in Australia, who is the leader in their market and has had hundreds of successful units operating for many years.”
Technology That Makes a Difference:
- Ideal for hospital and food service applications
- “Shredding action” makes for easier dumping than conventional compactors
- No hydraulics or hydraulic oil
- No cylinder cavity for materials to accumulate and decompose in
- Short rear structure to make the auger ideal for dock applications
- Ideal for rear-feed security chutes
- Offered with a complete selection of steel options, including hoppers and doghouses
- 208/230/460 volt and 575-volt configurations are available
- Ultra quiet operation
- Manufactured in Marathon’s Vernon, Ala., factory (available from Phoenix, Ariz., factory later in 2015)
The Marathon ASC-215 Auger Self-Contained Compactor will debut at WasteExpo, and Marathon will be taking orders for fulfillment in late June/early July 2015. For more information about how to make the ASC-215 part of your operation, contact your Marathon dealer. To find the Marathon dealer nearest you, please click here.