Torxx Kinetic Pulverizer
Through the creation of a series of intense rotational vortices, the Torxx Kinetic Pulverizer (KP) achieves size reduction across a broad variety of materials, with lower maintenance and utility costs, improved equipment uptime/reliability, and tighter particle size distribution than traditional grinding, shredding, cutting, and hammer mill processes. Ductile material is reduced to a “fluff” and brittle material to fine granules, enabling a variety of options for processing into useful recovered materials and increased landfill diversion.
- Alternative to traditional size-reduction technologies (grinding, shredding, hammer mill, etc.)
- Rotating blades create a series of intense rotational vortices, causing particles to collide into each other at high speeds.
- Ductile materials are reduced to “fluff” and brittle materials are reduced to fine granules.
- Ability to control desired average particle size
- Tighter particle size distribution than traditional size reduction technologies
- Capable of processing a broad range of materials (rock, concrete, glass, metals, plastics, wood, biomass, mixed-MSW, and compost)
- Homogenization of mixed materials
- Significantly reduced maintenance and utility cost vs. traditional size reduction
- Very dependable, reliable, high machine uptime
- Lowest total cost of ownership (capital + operating costs) per ton of material processed
- After-market service and support through the Marathon dealer network
- Mixed-MSW and biomass feedstock preparation for waste-to-energy (WTE) processes
- Construction and demolition (C&D) waste
- Glass embedded in compost, reducing glass to sand
- Recycled asphalt shingles
- Transfer stations
- Improved compaction at landfills
- Replacement of traditional high-volume stationary size reduction equipment