Vert-I-Pack Vertical Compactor
Waste Compactors - Self-Contained Compactors
- Reversible: Use for front or rear feed applications
- Adjustable to accommodate a 4, 6 or 8 cubic yard container
- Low-profile feed heights
- Rigid anchoring platform
- Triple interlock
- Available in 3-8 cubic yard capacities
Hauler Benefits User Benefits
- The Vert-I-Pack (VIP) Vertical Compactor is designed to simplify compacted waste dumping, save driver time and substantially reduce maintenance cost. In fact, a front load driver can detach and empty the container in less than 90 seconds
- The reversible feature allows the unit to easily be converted to front or rear feed by moving the interchangeable bolt-on container stops. One compactor can be used for a variety of applications
- The telescoping legs allow the unit to adjust up or down to accommodate a 4, 6 or 8 cubic yard container. The VIP is now more versatile than ever
- Vertical compaction which eliminates all openings in the side of container from which waste material can leak or spill
- Dumping is fast and easy because the refuse comes out of the full dimension of the container
- Elimination of more than a half ton of dead weight (compared to conventional self-contained compactors) which means fewer front loader arm repairs
- Location of the ram above the refuse which prevents trash and liquids from collecting behind the blade to foul up the cylinder or create damage when it freezes in the winter.
- Integral container guides which provide 3" vertical tolerance to make re-entry fast and easy
- VIP compactor makes dumping simple and quick. The illuminated green light is the driver's signal that the container is "ok" to be removed for dumping
- Marathon's patented VIP-LOCK® (Patent # 5025721) positive container lock-in device prevents container "walking." The container device "rides over" the compactor device as the truck moves the container into position. In the fully inserted position, the compaction force inside the container prevents the container from moving
- The VIP uses more than 13 tons of crushing power, forcing the ram 18" into the container. Between uses, the ram seals off the container and applies constant pressure on the refuse–increasing compaction and reducing spring-back
Convenient to use – EASY AS...
The operator inserts the key and turns it to the "Up" position. The ram moves from the mid-point position to the up position. The door can now be opened.
The large opening allows even 30 gallon (114 liter) containers to be emptied easily.
Looking to purchase? Then utilize the many product brochures we have available.