RJ-450 & RJ-450HD Stationary Trash Compactors
Waste Compactors - Stationary Compactors
The Marathon® RJ-450 Stationary Trash Compactor
Marathon components are selected for longevity and minimum maintenance, with special attention given to the selection of high-duty cycle components. Stress engineering provides the optimum degree of structural integrity. Only the best materials are used and the highest standards of quality are observed in the manufacturing process.
Industrial-Grade Compaction Systems:
The RJ-450 features industrial-grade electrical and hydraulic systems that are UL and CUL listed. This means trouble-free operation and top performance year after year. The Marathon side-mounted power unit combines the convenience and ease-of-maintenance that comes with a remote power pack with the space savings and ease-of-installation of an integrated power pack.
Transfer Station Applications:
The RJ-450 can be fitted with a variety of material handling equipment such as chutes, hoppers, and dumpers. Cart dumpers can be custom-built to your specifications to accommodate existing cart systems.
RJ-450 Trash Compactor Features:
- Designed to handle heavy-duty waste streams
- Ideal for small transfer stations or municipal drop-off centers
- Heavy-duty design and high-compaction force yield excellent volume reduction with MSW and light C&D waste streams
- Extra-large 60" by 67 1/2" clear-top opening to accommodate large, bulky items.
- Ruggedly built, the RJ-450 trash compactor packs a powerful 56,500 lbs. of crushing force. Its heavy-duty design and high-compaction yield excellent volume reduction with MSW and light C&D waste streams.
- Industrial-grade electrical and hydraulic systems provide trouble-free operation and top performance year after year.
- The RJ-450 trash compactor can be fitted with a variety of material handling equipment such as chutes, hoppers, and waste cart dumpers. Cart dumpers can be custom built to your specifications to accommodate existing refuse cart systems.
- The RJ-450 trash compactor features the Marathon side-mounted power unit. The power unit offers the convenience and ease-of-maintenance of a remote power pack with the space savings of an integrated power pack. The configuration also eliminates ALL electrical components from inside the compactor.
Additional RJ-450 Trash Compactor Features:
The compactor's packing ram is supported by specially formulated cast-iron shoes which ride on replaceable wear strips. This exclusive design protects the charge-box floor from the full force of the packing ram, extending its life and dramatically reducing compaction-robbing friction.
The RJ-450 features an advanced, simplified three-button control system. It is key-operated, fully automatic, and contained in a weatherproof NEMA 4 enclosure. Connected to the power pack with 13' of conduit, the controls can be installed in the location of your choice for operator convenience.
The RJ-450 Trash Compactor Is Perfect For:
- Mini Transfer Stations
- Municipal Recycling Drop-Off Centers
- Distribution Centers
- Manufacturing Facilities
Looking to purchase? Then utilize the many product brochures we have available.