RJ-225 Ultra Stationary Compactor
Waste Compactors - Stationary Compactors
The Marathon RJ-225 Ultra Stationary Compactor is ideally suited for commercial and medium industrial applications. With over 52,000 lbs. (222kN) of compaction force, Tricon Fullness Assurance System, and a wide array of options available, the RJ-225 is the perfect self-contained compactor choice for many applications.
The Marathon RJ-225 Ultra stationary compactor is a highly efficient, economical compactor for cost-conscious waste generators. The RJ-225 Ultra provides many cost-saving benefits including labor reduction, fewer collection pick-ups, and space-saving design. The RJ-225 Ultra is equipped with a side-mounted power unit. The power unit’s configuration eliminates all electrical components within the compactor.
It features an operator-accessible reset button for the motor starter, which eliminates the need to access the control box in order to reset the motor starter. The external limit switch reduces maintenance costs.
The RJ-225 Ultra compactor is fully automatic. The operator can simply dump waste into the large 40 1/2" (1029mm) x 60" (1524mm) charge box opening and turn the key. After the compaction cycle is complete, the unit shuts down automatically. Key operation gives the operator absolute control over the compactor operation. The packing ram is supported by intelligently designed cast-iron shoes that ride on replaceable wear strips. This exclusive design protects the charge box floor from the full force of the packing ram, extending the ram’s life cycle and dramatically reducing compaction-robbing friction.
RJ-225 Ultra Features
- IEC motor starter.
- Heavier steel in key structural areas for heavy-duty construction: charge box floor and ram face, 1⁄2" (13mm) steel; ram top, 3⁄8" (10mm) steel; sides, 1⁄4" (6mm) steel plate.
- TEFC (totally enclosed fan cooled) motor.
- Quick-release motor mount on the side-mounted power unit for easy servicing and maintenance.
- TRICON Fullness Assurance System eliminates all but one limit switch. It also produces better compaction ratios by making the ram dwell against the trash, reducing the “memory” and springback. TRICON offers better cold-weather performance and extends the life of the compactor.
- Removable weather cover on the power unit for easy servicing and maintenance.
Remote Power Pack
The RJ-225, RJ-225HD and RJ-225 Ultra® feature the Marathon® side-mounted power unit. The power unit offers the convenience and ease-of-maintenance of a remote power pack with the space savings of an integrated power pack. The configuration also eliminates ALL electrical components from inside the compactor.
Ram Guide System
The packing ram is supported by specially formulated cast iron shoes which ride on replaceable wear strips. This exclusive design protects the charge box floor from
the full force of the packing ram, extending its life and dramatically reducing compaction-robbing friction.
The RJ-225 Ultra features an advanced, simplified 3-button control system. It is key-operated, fully automatic, and contained in a weatherproof NEMA 4 enclosure. Connected to the power pack with 13-feet (3.96m) of Sealtite, the controls can be located for operator convenience.
Looking to purchase? Then utilize the many product brochures we have available.