RJ-250WD Self-Contained Trash Compactor
Waste Compactors - Self-Contained Compactors
Marathon® components are selected for longevity and minimum maintenance, with special attention given to the selection of high-duty cycle components. Stress engineering provides the optimum degree of structural integrity. Only the best materials are used and the highest standards of quality are observed in the manufacturing process.
RamJet® RJ-250WD units are state-of-the-art in roll-off self-contained compactors, featuring large feed openings and expanded container storage capacity. They are designed to optimize safety for workers, store and transport waste, prevent contamination of public areas in accordance with public health department requirements, improve working conditions for employees, and reduce hauling costs.
The RJ-250WD compactor can be customized with a variety of loading arrangements to suit your specific needs.
- Exclusive 41" x 58" feed opening to handle large, bulky items
- Continuous feeding capability — even while the compactor is operating
- Adaptable to special loading systems such as large-capacity hoppers, security chutes, or total enclosures
- Odor and pest control from the Marathon® Ozone Odor Control options
- Easy loading from either ground or dock level
- Up to 24 tons of crushing force to reduce refuse to a fraction of its former size, saving valuable space
- Fire hose connection provided on each unit
- Factory testing to ensure leak-proof construction
P-Seal Watertight Closure
The P-Seal is specially designed for portable compaction containers to provide a superior watertight closure. The mounting is engineered for quick and easy installation when replacement is necessary, requiring no field fitting, cutting, or welding.
Double-Hinge with Bronze Brushing
Every RJ-250-WD is tested for watertightness before leaving the factory. Liquid retention is ensured by the incredible Double-Hinge. It creates uniform seal compression while eliminating the seal “scrubbing” and damage so often encountered with competitive designs. The Double-Hinge also saves expensive driver and truck time because only one easy-to-operate ratchet makes it work.
Bubble Gate and Auto Relatch
The innovative “Bubble Gate” adds a full cubic yard to container capacity. Superior compaction ratios result from its special curved shape. These two unique benefits reduce the costs of hauling.
The ultimate in latch systems, the Marathon “Auto Relatch” eliminates the need to hold the door while operating the latch ratchet. This design enables the operator to use both hands on the ratchet and prevents the door from swinging out inadvertently.
CYCON Life-Xtender™ Cyclic Control System
Standard on all RJ-250-WD Compactors
- Reliable, solid-state circuitry eliminates all pressure and limit switches
- The Cycon Life-Xtender no-shock cycle control extends cylinder and hose wear life
- Automatic “container full assurance system” — the ram dwells against the load at full pressure, resulting in better compaction
- Smoother running, quieter operation
- Advanced hydraulic design enables the system to operate at minimum pressure levels until the need for more pressure is automatically sensed
- More accurate Advanced Warning or Container-Full options
- Superior cold-weather performance
Ram Guide System
The packing ram is supported by specially formulated cast-iron shoes which ride on replaceable wear strips. This exclusive design protects the charge-box floor from the full force of the packing ram, extending its life and dramatically reducing compaction-robbing friction.
Remote Power Pack
Separate from the compactor/container, the Marathon Remote Power Pack remains free of damage caused during hauling to and from disposal sites and free of problems caused by landfill dust. Two simple-to-use, hydraulic quick disconnect fittings couple the power unit to the packing head. All Marathon Remote Power Packs are built in-house to our quality standards and each unit must pass a series of stringent tests before it can be shipped with the selected compactor.
Qwik Clean® Tank Feature
The Qwik Clean Tank feature, standard on all RJ-250WD compactors, funnels any liquid seepage which can occur during compaction into an enclosed area underneath the charge box floor. The liquid is automatically discharged at the disposal site, in effect flushing the container and the area behind the ram. The 12" high, up to 750-gallon capacity sump area is designed to provide easier hook access for roll-off drivers.
RJ-250WD Compactor Optional Features
The RJ-250WD Compactor can be customized with a variety of loading arrangements to suit your specific needs.
The Marathon RJ-250 WD compactor offers maximum compaction benefits for:
- Malls / Shopping Centers
- Cafeterias / Fast Food
- Airline Food Service
- Food Processors
- Theme Parks/Resorts
Looking to purchase? Then utilize the many product brochures we have available.