RJ-250SC, RJ-250SC-HT Compactors
Compare a Marathon RJ-250 compactor with any other self-contained compactor on the market, and you’ll quickly discover why Marathon is the preferred choice of discriminating buyers.
Components are selected for longevity and minimum maintenance, with special attention given to the selection of highly sensitive components. Stress engineering provides the optimum degree of structural integrity. Only the best materials are used and the highest standards of quality are observed in the manufacturing process. That’s why you’ll find Marathon compactors “packing trash” long after others have failed.
Our RJ-250 units are state-of-the-art in roll-off self-contained compactors, featuring oversized feed openings and expanded container storage capacity. They are designed to store and transport your waste, prevent contamination of public areas in accordance with public health department requirements, improve working conditions for your employees, and reduce disposal costs.
The RJ-250SC compactor can be customized with a variety of loading arrangements to suit your specific needs.
- Exclusive 41" x 58" (1041mm x 1473mm) feed opening to handle large, bulky items.
- Continuous feeding capability — even while the compactor is operating.
- Adaptable to special loading systems such as large- capacity hoppers, security chutes, or total enclosures.
- Odor and pest control via marathon’s ozone odor Control option.
- Easy loading from either ground or dock level.
- More than 24 tons (21,772 kg) of crushing force to reduce refuse to a fraction of its former size, saving valuable space.
- Fire hose connection provided on each unit.
- Factory testing to ensure leak-proof construction.
- UL® and CUL® Listed.
- Also available as Green Built®, featuring Solar or 5 hp high-efficiency power units and other environmentally friendly components.
- Great for high liquid waste
- Large 41” x 58” (1041mm x 1473mm) Feed Opening
- Full Door Seal with P-Seal
- Bubble Gate with Auto Relatch and Double-Hinge Door
- Qwik Clean® Tank
- Cycon Life-Xtender® Cyclic Control System
- Signature Series Warranty
Offering maximum benefits for:
- Large Restaurants
- Hospitals and institutions
- Resorts and food processors
The P-shaped Door Seal is specially designed for portable compaction containers to provide a superior watertight closure. The mounting is engineered for quick and easy installation when replacement is necessary, requiring no field fitting, cutting, or welding.
Double-Hinge with Bronze Brushing
Every RJ-250SC compactor is tested for watertightness before leaving the factory. Liquid retention is ensured by the incredible Double-Hinge. It creates uniform seal compression while eliminating the seal “scrubbing” and damage so often encountered with competitive designs. The Double-Hinge also saves expensive driver and truck time because only one easy-to- operate ratchet makes it work.
Bubble Gate and Auto Relatch
The innovative “Bubble Gate” adds a full cubic yard to container capacity. Superior compaction ratios result from its special curved shape. These two unique benefits reduce costs of disposal.
The ultimate in latch systems, Marathon’s “Auto Relatch” eliminates the need to hold the door while operating the latch
ratchet. This design enables the operator to use both hands on the ratchet.
CYNCON Cyclic Control System
Standard on all RJ-250SC Compactors
- Reliable, solid state circuitry eliminates all pressure and limit switches
- CYnCon’s no-shock cycle control extends cylinder and hose wear life
- Automatic “container full assurance system” — the ram dwells against the load at full pressure, resulting in better compaction
- Smoother running, quieter operation
- Advanced hydraulic design enables the system to operate at minimum pressure levels except when actually packing solid waste
- More accurate advanced Warning or Container full options
- Dramatically improved cold weather performance
The RJ-250SC-HT compactor can be customized with a variety of loading arrangements to suit your specific needs.
- Extra-wide ram, clear-top opening (78" x 40") accepts larger material
- Low feed height (43 1/2") - great for ground feed applications, greater slope in chute feed applications, and low dock height applications.
- Full "P" shaped door seal and patented double-hinge provides liquid tightness
- Qwik Clean Tank® flushes the area behind the ram
- 12" high sump area contains liquid
- CYCON Life-Xtender® provides advanced performance, higher compaction ratios, and smoother, quieter operation
Also Available as Green Built
Marathon is committed to providing waste compaction solutions that meet the global sustainability needs of our customers. With each new product, we have made measurable strides in reducing energy and fuel consumption while continuing to offer superior product performance.
Our line of Green Built solar and solar-hybrid compactors is a first in the industry.
The 100% solar-powered models compact refuse using the power of the sun for true independence from the power grid and its associated costs.
The solar-hybrid models connect to the power grid as a backup that automatically switches when necessary. When in solar mode, the compactor uses no AC power. When in hybrid mode, the compactor uses much less energy than conventional power units. The batteries recover as the compactor continues to be available for operation.