Vert-I-Pack Vertical Compactor
Waste Compactors - Front / Rear Load Compactors
Vert-I-Pack™ Compactor Features
- Use for front, side, or rear-feed applications
- Adjustable to accommodate a 4, 6 or 8 cubic-yard container
- Low-Profile feed heights
- Rigid anchoring platform
- Triple interlock system
- Available from 3 to 8 cubic-yard capacities
The Vert-I-Pack™ Compactor is Perfect For
- Shopping Malls
- Fast Food Restaurants
Vert-I-Pack™ Compactor Benefits to the Hauler
- The Vert-I-Pack vertical compactor is designed to simplify compacted waste dumping, save driver time, and substantially reduce maintenance costs. A front-load operator can remove and empty the container in less than 90 seconds.
- Vert-I-Pack has a reversible feature that allows the unit to be easily converted to a front, side, or rear feed configuration by moving the interchangeable bolt-on container stops. This enables one compactor to be used for a variety of applications.
- The Vert-I-Pack telescoping legs allow for up or down adjustment to accommodate 4, 6, or 8 cubic yard (3.1, 4.59, or 6.12 cubic meter) containers. The process of vertical compaction eliminates all openings in the side of the container from which waste materials can leak or spill. The location of the ram above the refuse prevents trash and liquids from collecting behind the Packer Panel, which can foul the cylinder or create damage, especially in freezing weather. Integral container guides provide three inches (76.2mm) of vertical tolerance, making re-entry fast and smooth.
Vert-I-Pack™ Compactor Benefits for the User
- The Marathon® line of low-profile Vert-I-Pack compactors range in size from three to eight cubic yards. They are available with feed heights as low as 45", and in front, rear, or side-feed configurations. The Vert-I-Pack keeps refuse inside the unit, unlike unsightly open containers which often attract scavengers and vermin. The Vert-I-Pack also prevents others from dumping refuse into your container since the Vert-I-Pack is key-operated and controlled. The Vert-I-Pack stores refuse in an ozone-rich atmosphere (with optional ozonation device), helps control odors and manages insects and their larvae.
- The Vert-I-Pack is a real space saver. With more than 13 tons (11,793 kg) of crushing force, it reduces the contents of many non-compacting open containers into one Vert-I-Pack container. This saves time and money as the hauler has just one container to pick up. It also lengthens the time between pick-ups, which can eliminate weekend overflow and the need for expensive special pick-ups.
- The Vert-I-Pack is designed with the operator in mind. It has no heavy or clumsy lids to open and close, just a single easy to open door.
- The Vert-I-Pack controls employee pilferage. The optional security kit (rear feed and side feed units only) enables the unit to be fed from inside the building, eliminating the temptation of employees to place merchandise into a box, stash the box in the trash container, and return later to retrieve your merchandise. The locking feature also prevents illegal dumping by 3rd parties into your container. With today’s waste removal costs, it is important to safeguard your valuable waste disposal capacity/resources.
- The Vert-I-Pack Triple Lock mechanical door interlock prevents the door from being opened at all times except when the unit is in the proper feeding position. A second interlock prevents the unit from cycling (operating) when the door is in the open position. The third interlock prevents the unit from functioning when the container is not in the proper position.
Pictured is an example of the Vert-I-Pack side-feed configuration installed at a supermarket, equipped with an optional thru-the-wall security chute. The Vert-I-Pack is the perfect compactor for side-feed applications.
Integrated Driver Light
The integrated driver light illuminates green to signal the driver that the container is okay to be removed and dumped, making operation quick and simple.
The patented Marathon® VIP-LOCK positive container lock-in device prevents container “walking.” The container “rides over” the compactor unit as the truck moves the container into place. In the fully inserted position, the compaction force inside the container prevents it from moving out of place.
Simple and Safe User Operation
The operator inserts the key and turns it to the "UP" position. The ram moves from the mid-point position to the up position. The door can now be opened.
The large opening allows even 30 gallon (114 liter) containers to be emptied easily.
After feeding, the operator closes the door and removes the key. The unit then cycles automatically when the door is closed. With more than 13 tons (11,793 kg) of crushing power, the Vert-I-Pack forces the ram 18 inches (457.2mm) into the container.
After the ram reaches maximum penetration, it automatically reverses itself. The unit automatically shuts down when the ram reaches the mid-point position at the top of the container. The ram remains in this position until the next use, sealing off the top of the container and applying constant pressure to the refuse. This helps to increase compaction and reduce spring-back.
Looking to purchase? Then utilize the many product brochures we have available.