DRC II Self Contained Compactors
Waste Compactors - Self-Contained Compactors
The DRC II can be fitted with a variety of optional equipment such as through-the-wall security chutes and lockable doghouse hoppers. The DRC II is well-suited for ground, doghouse, dock, or chute feed applications.
Compaction combinations are limitless with the DRC II:
- Corrugated and high-grade paper
- Paper and aluminum cans
- Garbage and co-mingled recyclables
Features & Benefits
- Two separate compartments segregate waste and recyclables, which increases your return on the sales of recycled products
- Separate, compact, and process two different materials, such as recyclables and garbage, at the same time in an area where space permits only one compactor
- Both recyclables and garbage are neatly contained after compaction, providing your building, facility, mall, or store with a neat and attractive appearance
Creates two variable capacity compartments
The DRC II has a total capacity of 28 cubic yards (21 cubic meters). The two variable capacity compartments are separated by a 24" (609,6 mm) high solid welded barrier. This wall prevents liquid leaking from one side to the other. The DRC II accepts and compacts unequal and unpredictable volumes of two separate discardables. This is made possible by the Marathon® patented Flex-D-Vider, a pivoting steel wall that adjusts the compartments’ capacity during the loading and packing process. For easier discharge of the materials in the smaller compartment, a hydraulic cylinder enables the operator to move the Flex-D-Vider to the vertical center of the container, relieving the pressure on the remaining waste or recyclables. When loaded, each compartment can represent as little as 30% or as much as 70% of the unit’s total volume. The DRC II can also be chute-fed to increase customer security and reduce labor costs.
Four Individual Doors for Controlled Discharge of Compacted Material
Due to the many variable positions in which the Flex-D-Vider can be located, four individual doors are used for the discharge of materials.
- Upper doors are top hinged and have ratchet locks that enable the door to be opened independently of the lower doors
- Lower doors are hinged in the center of the container. Each door is equipped with Marathon’s standard ratchet latch and open independently for controlled discharge of compacted material
- For wet-waste applications, an optional door gasket is available with Marathon’s custom designed P-shaped door seal, developed specially for self-contained compactors used for wet waste. Either or both sides may be gasketed
Qwik Clean Tank®
The Qwik Clean Tank with exclusive Trash Check® is a standard feature on the DRC II. It funnels any liquid seepage occurring during compaction into an enclosed area underneath the charge box floor. The liquid is automatically discharged at the disposal site, in effect flushing the container and the area behind the ram.
CYCON Cyclic Control System
Standard on all DRC Compactors
- Reliable, solid-state circuitry eliminates all pressure and limit switches
- CYCON’s no-shock cycle control extends cylinder and hose wear life
- Automatic “container-full assurance system” means the ram remains against the load at full pressure, resulting in better compaction
- Smoother running, quieter operation
- Advanced hydraulic design enables the system to operate at minimum pressure levels until the need for more pressure is automatically sensed
- More accurate advanced warning or container-full options
- Dramatically improved cold weather performance
Looking to purchase? Then utilize the many product brochures we have available.