RJ-100SC Self Contained Compactors
Waste Compactors - Self-Contained Compactors
Marathon brand components are selected for longevity and minimum maintenance, with special attention given to the selection of highly sensitive components. Stress engineering provides the optimum degree of structural integrity. Only the best materials are used and the highest standards of quality are observed in the manufacturing process.
The Marathon RJ-100SC self-contained compactor/container makes handling wet or dry waste simple. It is easy to load from both the ground and dock levels. In addition, a hopper can be used to double or triple the loading capacity. Waste can be fed continuously while the unit is cycling. The 22-ton (19,958 kg) plus crushing power of the RJ-100SC will reduce your refuse to a fraction of its original size. The universal double-end pickup and dock-friendly design make the RJ-100SC ideal for dock-fed applications. Other features include fire hose connections on each unit, hinge grease fittings, plus ground and guide rollers.
- Exclusive 41" x 58" (1041mm x 1473mm) feed opening to handle large, bulky items.
- Continuous feeding capability — even while the compactor is operating.
- Adaptable to special loading systems such as large-capacity hoppers, security chutes, total enclosures, and more.
- Odor and pest control via the Marathon Ozone Odor Control option.
- Easy loading from either ground or dock level. Up to 24-tons (21,772 kg) of crushing force to reduce refuse to a fraction of its former size, saving valuable space and reducing landfill trips.
- Fire hose connection provided on each unit.
- Factory testing to ensure leak-proof construction.
Offering maximum benefits for:
- Malls / Shopping Centers
- Dairies Large
- Restaurants Cafeterias / Fast Food
- Airline Food Service
- Food Processors
- Theme Parks/Resorts
P-Seal Watertight Closure
The P-shaped Door Seal is specially designed for portable compaction containers to provide a superior watertight closure. The mounting is engineered for quick and easy installation when replacement is necessary, requiring no field fitting, cutting, or welding.
Double-Hinge with Bronze Brushing
Every RJ-100SC is tested for water-tightness before leaving the factory. Liquid retention is ensured by the incredible Double-Hinge. It creates uniform seal compression while eliminating the seal “scrubbing” and damage so often encountered with competitive designs. The Double-Hinge also saves expensive driver and truck time because only one easy-to-operate ratchet is required to make it work.
Bubble Gate and Auto Relatch
The innovative “Bubble Gate” adds a full cubic yard to container capacity. Superior compaction ratios result from its special curved shape. These two unique benefits reduce the costs of hauling.
The ultimate in latch systems, the Marathon “Auto Relatch” eliminates the need to hold the door while operating the latch ratchet. This design enables the operator to use both hands on the ratchet and prevents the door from swinging out inadvertently.
CYCON Life-Xtender™ Cyclic Control System
Standard on all RJ-100SC Compactors
- Reliable, solid-state circuitry eliminates all pressure and limit switches
- The Cycon Life-Xtender no-shock cycle control extends cylinder and hose wear life
- Automatic “container full assurance system” — the ram dwells against the load at full pressure, resulting in better compaction
- Smoother running, quieter operation
- Advanced hydraulic design enables the system to operate at minimum pressure levels until the need for more pressure is automatically sensed.
- More accurate Advanced Warning or Container Full options
- Superior cold weather performance
RJ-100SC Compactor Optional Features
The RJ-100SC Compactor can be customized with a variety of loading arrangements to suit your specific needs.
Ram Guide System
The packing ram is supported by specially formulated cast iron shoes which ride on replaceable wear strips. This exclusive design protects the charge box floor from the full force of the packing ram, extending its life and dramatically reducing compaction-robbing friction.
Remote Power Pack
Separate from the compactor/container, the Marathon Remote Power Pack remains free of damage caused during hauling to and from disposal sites and free of problems caused by landfill dust. No electrical connections to make or break, two simple-to-use, hydraulic quick disconnects couple the power unit to the packing head. All Marathon Remote Power Packs are built in-house to our quality standards and each unit must pass a series of stringent tests before it can be shipped with the selected compactor.
An optional doghouse offers a totally enclosed charge box with heavy-duty latches.
Qwik Clean® Tank Feature
The Qwik Clean Tank feature, standard on all RJ-100SC compactors, funnels any liquid seepage which can occur during compaction into an enclosed area underneath the charge box floor. The liquid is automatically discharged at the disposal site, in effect flushing the container and the area behind the ram. The 12" (305mm) high, up to 750-gallon (2839 liters) capacity sump area is designed to provide easier hook access for roll-off drivers.
Looking to purchase? Then utilize the many product brochures we have available.