RJ-250 Self-Contained Compactor/Container
Waste Compactors - Self-Contained Compactors
Marathon brand components are selected for longevity and minimum maintenance, with special attention given to the selection of high-duty cycle components. Stress engineering provides the optimum degree of structural integrity. Only the best materials are used, and the highest standards of quality are observed in the manufacturing process.
Our RamJet® units are state-of-the-art in roll-off self-contained compactors, featuring large feed openings, and expanded container storage capacity. They are designed to optimize safety for workers, store and transport your waste, prevent contamination of public areas in accordance with public health department requirements, improve working conditions for your employees, and reduce disposal costs.
The RJ-250SC compactor can be customized with a variety of loading arrangements to suit your specific needs.
- Exclusive 41" x 58" (1041 mm x 1473 mm) feed opening to handle large, bulky items
- Continuous feeding capability — even while the compactor is operating
- Adaptable to special loading systems such as large-capacity hoppers, security chutes, or total enclosures
- Odor and pest control from the Marathon® Ozone Odor Control option
- Easy loading from either ground or dock level
- Up to 24 tons (21,772 kg) of crushing force to reduce refuse to a fraction of its former size, saving valuable space and reducing landfill trips
- Fire hose connection provided on each unit
- Factory testing to ensure leak-proof construction
Offering maximum benefits for:
- Malls / Shopping Centers
- Large Restaurants
- Cafeterias / Fast Food
- Airline Food Service
- Food Processors
- Theme Parks/Resorts
Perfect for Tipper System Applications
The RJ-250SC is the perfect choice for applications requiring a tipper system. Bags of waste are put directly onto the tipper and dumped into the compactor. The self-contained compactor effectively solves spillage and leakage problems associated with conventional stationary compactors and containers.
Some applications require a high degree of security and sanitation. The RJ-250SC provides both. Waste is safely stored out of reach of scavengers. Sanitary conditions are enhanced even further with the optional Marathon Ozone Odor Control System, which destroys odor-producing bacteria by molecular reaction.
Available with Bayne Thinline® Cart Lifter
If equipped with an optional integral cart lifter, the RJ-250SC offers an economical and safety-conscious solution for a wide variety of waste material handling applications.
Bayne Thinline® cart lifters work with standard two-bar roll-out carts and can lift up to 750 lbs. Lifter has a powder coated finish so it can stand up to the elements and be easily cleaned.
P-Seal Watertight Closure & Double Hinge With Bronze Bushing
The P-shaped Door Seal is specially designed for portable compaction containers, providing a superior, watertight closure. The mounting is engineered for quick and easy installation when replacement is necessary, requiring no field fitting, cutting, or welding.
Every RJ-250SC is tested for water tightness before leaving the factory. Liquid retention is ensured by the incredible Double-Hinge. It creates uniform seal compression while eliminating the seal “scrubbing” and damage often encountered with competitive designs. The Double-Hinge also saves expensive driver and truck time as only one easy-to-operate ratchet is required to make it work.
Bubble Gate and Auto Relatch
The innovative “Bubble Gate” adds a full cubic yard to container capacity. Superior compaction ratios result from its special curved shape. These two unique benefits reduce costs of disposal.
The ultimate in latch systems, the Marathon® brand “Auto Relatch” eliminates the need to hold the door while operating the latch ratchet. This design enables the operator to use both hands on the ratchet.
Ram Guide System
The packing ram is supported by specially formulated cast iron shoes, which ride on replaceable wear strips. This exclusive design protects the charge box floor from the full force of the packing ram, extending its life, and dramatically reducing compaction-robbing friction.
Remote Power Pack
Separate from the compactor/container, the Marathon® brand Remote Power Pack remains free of damage caused while hauling to and from disposal sites, and stays free of problems caused by landfill dust. There are no electrical connections to make or break, and two simple-to-use, hydraulic quick disconnects couple the power unit to the packing head. All Marathon Remote Power Packs are built in-house to our quality standards, and each unit must pass a series of stringent tests before it can be shipped with the selected compactor.
The optional doghouse offers a totally enclosed charge box with heavy-duty latches.
Qwik Clean® Tank Feature
The Qwik Clean Tank feature, standard on all RJ-250SC compactors, funnels any liquid seepage, which can occur during compaction, into an enclosed area underneath the charge box floor. Liquid is automatically discharged at the disposal site, in effect flushing the container and the area behind the ram. The 12" (305 mm) high, up to 750-gallon (2839 liter) capacity sump area is designed to provide easier hook access for roll-off drivers.
- StreamLine® Option - The StreamLine option enables excess liquid to be drained from the container, reducing net payload weight, and significantly reducing hauling costs. Liquid is routed to four interconnected 4" (101.6 mm) drain outlets, located at each corner of the StreamLine unit. Connection can be made to a hose, piping, or a pump.
- Qwik Clean® Door - The Qwik Clean door on the packer end makes cleaning out behind the ram-in-cylinder area a snap. The door has miniature hinges, a door seal, and a ratchet binder. Also, featured is the RamJet rear feed doghouse door option.
Looking to purchase? Then utilize the many product brochures we have available.