The BurCell System provides the recycling industry with the industry’s highest and most cost-effective recovery of waste organics transforming them into valuable feedstocks for a variety of applications.
This system is a vacuum aided thermal decomposition process that diverts food and other forms of methane producing organic waste from landfills. The cost competitive production of BDF maximizes MSW recycling and the production of a Class 1 compost and energy recovery while reducing land filling.
In the United States today we generate in excess of 250 million tons of solid waste annually. The EPA estimates that about 40% of the residential and commercial waste streams are organic and waste paper.
The BurCell System recovers food and organic materials, including soiled paper, from residential and commercial waste streams and recycles them into a homogenous and energy-rich feedstock thereby reducing landfilling.
Offers low operating costs:
- User friendly operating system
- Single operator
- No external boiler
- Non-potable water
- Easily retrofitted into existing systems
Produces a BurCell System derived feedstock or BDF that:
- Provides a Class 1 Compost Feedstock
- Supplies an anaerobic digestion system with a high quality substrate with improved biogas yields
- Is an inexpensive source of fermentable cellulosic sugars
The BurCell System is ideal for the following industries and sectors:
- Waste Management Industry
- Wastewater Management
- Agriculture Sector
- Biofuels and Bio-products Industry